Thursday, January 10, 2008

Beauty of Italy - the love story continues ....

TRAGEDY OF POMPEII

Eruption of Mount V and the impact it had on Pompeii were things we studied and taught but actually seeing Mount V is a Geographer's dream come true (for me at least) and I just had to make sure I got a souvenior and took a pic with Mount V behind (below).

It was kinda eerie when I saw the expression on the plaster 'people' below. You can just sense the pain that they went through ...

As we walked around Pompeii, it included a visit to the brothel and like our fast food restaurants today, they had the menu (different positions available) painted on the walls (see below) for the customers to pick and choose from.

AMALFI

Amalfi was just a few hours stop and below you can see me hugging my shopping. Yes, guilty there cuz I spent most of my time there...shopping. I just love these little towns and places that we visited cuz each area had their speciality and I just want to take each of that home.

CAPRI

Where the rich flocked to would be Capri (below) and yes, you can just see why cuz they lived in beautiful houses on the slopes that gave them a gorgeous view of Bay of Naples. I want a place there too!!!

ASSISI

My favourite (okay, one of my favourite places in Italy) place has to be Assisi and again, my regret is that we didn't have much time there. Assisi will always be a place with great memories for me cuz that was where I first saw falling snow (hey, I'm from the tropics so that's a BIG thing for me), had my first snow fight, see how snow can make a place look so beautiful (below), felt the fear of falling when I tried walking on ice with wrong pair of shoes and also it's a beautiful place where St Francis was from (am a fan yes).

This picture below reminded me of postcards that I have received but never seen for myself and now I can say that I have seen how beautiful it can be ....


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home