Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sand Art Anyone?

When was the last time you played with sand or built sandcastles or whatever you're suppose to build when you're at the beach and playing with sand? For me, it was a long time ago - so long that I can't remember when was the last time I actually played with sand. Am wondering if I can convince my boss to agree to allow the kids to have 'sand play' day. Think about it - it's a great team activity, it's fun, it encourages creativity and brings out the kid in everyone of us!

Source of inspiration - retreat last year to Krabi, Thailand. On one of the islands that we visited, we came across this sand art.


Would be really lonely for this dude to be alone on the beach. But thankfully, right next to him, was this pretty lady!


I was amazed when I saw that part of the beach covered with other sand people basking in the sun. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to talk to the guy responsible for such beautiful sand people. But according to my tour guide, the sand artist does nothing but create his sand people everyday. When the tide comes up and washes the his creation away, he comes back the next day and does it all over again. It's this kind of patience that I know I don't have. I would have given up and ask myself 'why bother'. But the sand artist kept coming back day after day simply becaused he enjoyed it - for the sheer pleasure of doing something he enjoyed. Many thought him to be a looney. I thought he was a talented artist that definitely made my trip to the island a wonderful experience.

So here's to the sand artist! Hope that he will continue to bring joy to visitors of the island. And for us who have seen him at work, it's a reminder that simple things can bring great pleasure if only we take the time to stop and enjoy them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice images from far away

7:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog!

You can also see this type of real beautiful art forms and festival pictures at this site:http://keralatourism.eu
it's all about kerala and kerala tourism.The official web postal of Kerala tour operators and kerala tourism.

4:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getafinance.com is the best place to find:Various types of Loans such as mortgage,educational,housing,auto,payday,bank,cash,business and loan Service providers!

4:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Official Website of Kerala PSC forum.Search for Kerala PSC, PSC Kerala,search job, KPSC,kerala psc,psc kerala,PSC Questions,career tips,jobs.

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home