Monday, September 08, 2008

More Markets in London ...

There are just heaps of markets and a weekend is definitely not enough. Here's a map of all the markets in London. Most of the markets have their own website so google them to get more info but if you need a starting point, this map below is useful.


One last place I went to while in London was Leadenhall Market. Main reason why I wanted to head there was because in 2001, Leadenhall Market was used as Diagon Alley in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone! Unfortunately it was closed by the time I got there but I still had a chance to take a look at the architecture. And it was gorgeous!

It's not a 'market' like Borough or Portobello. It's more like a shopping arcade so this place probably opens on weekdays. Am not sure why the guide book actually had it down as markets *shrugs* And actually it worked out fine because they had some nice shops there and I would probably have spent even more pounds there *laughs*

I can just imagine the shooting done here for the movie. It was empty when I was there with a few families walking around like me, admiring the architecture.

I even peeked in a few of the shops to see what they had in there. There were some people inside probably closing up or taking stock of their wares. Just a hint though, getting here was a little tricky and I had to use a proper map of London to find the place. So remember, get yourself a map (one of those free ones are good enough) as well as a map of the subway and you're set!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home