Sunday, August 07, 2005

Accessorise Me

To cope with work related stress, I make jewellery from beads, stones, glass and whatever else I can get my hands on. It helps me relax and the lovely part about beading is that I get to do what I love and more importantly, avoid doing the work that I am suppose to be doing. Yes, it's basically me in denial and procrastinating and avoiding the inevitable but hey, we all have our own way of dealing with stress!

When I was in uni, I was so into silver. On a good day, I would have about four to five silver rings on each hand. On a bad day I would have err....

Anyways, it was quite a task each time I went to the loo as I had to remove all my rings, wash my hands and then put them back on. Thankfully, it was simply a phase that I went through.

Nowadays, I like making necklaces and braclets. Only thing is that I don't wear them. My friends think I am odd but it's hard to explain *frowns*. I had quite a collection of necklaces and bracelets that I made from semi-precious stones and different types of beads that were collecting dust. Thanks to a good friend who suggested I sell them instead, I now sell my pieces online. I have not made enough to cover my cost yet so my dream of becoming a tai-tai will have to be on hold for now. I have no self-control and no understanding of the word 'budget'. I buy the beads and stones first, and then think about what I will do with them - and it's this kind of thinking that gets me into trouble financially.

But my focus is still on making jewellery and the satisfaction comes from beautiful pieces created that I am proud of. I am currently experimenting with glass slides to create pendants and earrings. Many broken glass slides and a few bleeding fingers later, I completed a few of these glass jewellery. The pendant in the picture is the latest one that I made - one pendant with two different designs (front and back). Yesterday, I wore it to work to test it out and was pleasantly surprised by the positive comments I got.

Looks like the weekend will be spent making more pieces like this! And yes, it's the excuse I need to not do work that seems to be constantly calling out to me *grins*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home